At the end of the 90’s and the beginning of the 2000’s I saw my share in the weekly countdown shows of K-Pop. Unlike their U.S. counterparts (i.e. TRL on MTV), many Korean program reports have survived for decades, including the weekly show Inkigayo. The show presents the most popular Korean songs for a week with weekly fun performances. I remember all the good old hairstyles and fashionable (ugly) fashions that I (and my friends) tried to copy. I think it’s still the case today with the new singers.
In recent weeks Inkigayo appeared in all SNS (social media) in Korea for a special sandwich! It seems that many popular poppop idols have been noticed eating a certain half of a sandwich or holding it tightly wrapped in a Saran wrap. The sandwich consists of layers of egg and potato salad, coleslaw and a sweet strawberry heart. Strawberry jam may seem a bit random, but it brings a slight sweetness to creamy potatoes and a spicy taste of raw cabbage.
The shop is only open to staff and the sandwich is only sold to idols, so the owner can offer the best and fastest meal to the young singers.
* The original recipe for 4 slices of bread with a sandwich is sold for half, but I only used 3, so I shouldn’t eat too much bread because I don’t know how to stop eating after half a sandwich! I don’t keep track of my actions in my books.
A trendy Korean sandwich for pop stars. Three delicious layers of creamy potato salad, strawberry jam and crispy coleslaw wedged between soft bread slices.
Cooking time 10 min.
Cooking time 25 minutes
Total duration 35 minutes
Yeah, of course: Sandwich, snacks.
Kitchen: Korean language
Food: 1 sandwich
- 3 slices of bread
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 (100 g) small potatoes
- 1½ Tbst mayonnaise
- salty and peppery taste
- 2/3 cup of chopped cabbage
- 1 imitation crab stick, cut into strips the size of wooden sticks * Optional
- 1 teaspoon sliced cucumber or pickled cucumber
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 m.s. Strawberry jam
- If you haven’t done that yet, boil your eggs very hard (bring the water to a boil and add it to the eggs. Boil for 10 minutes, drain the water, then rinse the eggs in cold water and clean the dish).
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into large pieces. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add the potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes until cooked. Drain the water after the tenderness.
- Crush the boiled egg in a medium sized bowl with a potato pan, biscuit cutter or fork. Keep the mashed potatoes in the potatoes. Add 1 ml of mayonnaise and mix well. A spice with salt and pepper. Never mind.
- In another medium sized bowl, place 1 glass of chopped cabbage, slices of simulated crab, 1 teaspoon diced cucumber or gherkin and ½ teaspoon mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Wrap a sandwich. Place the potatoes and the egg mash on a slice of bread. Put a second piece of bread on the porridge.
- Spread the strawberry jam on this piece.
- Put coleslaw on it and the last piece of bread!
- * The original recipe of the meeting is as follows: bread, mashed potatoes and eggs, bread, strawberry jam, bread, coleslaw and bread. I put the bread between the strawberry jam and the coleslaw. If you have a thin slice of very soft bread, it will work! But the bread here was too thick for that.
inkigayo sandwich recipe,inkigayo meaning